As technology continues to evolve, so too does the world of health and wellness. Now more health gadgets and gizmos are available than ever to help people live healthier lives. From fitness trackers to vagus nerve-stimulating headphones, there is a gadget out there for everyone.
Table of Contents
Top 10 Health Tech Gadgets For 2022
Here are ten of the best health tech gadgets for 2022.
With air pollution levels on the rise, air purifiers are becoming an increasingly popular health tech gadget. They work by removing harmful pollutants and allergens from the air, making breathing easier.
Massage chairs are a great way to relax and reduce stress levels. They come with a variety of different massage settings so you can customize your experience. If you are looking for a way to pamper yourself, a massage chair is a great option.
Water bottles with filtration
As water quality continues to decline, filtered water bottles are becoming more popular. These filters can remove harmful contaminants from your water, making it safer to drink. You can also attach versions to your tap or water jug to filter your entire supply.
Hearing aids have come a long way in recent years. They are now smaller and more discreet than ever before. As a result, hearing aids can help you hear better and improve your quality of life.
Vagus nerve-stimulating headphones
Vagus nerve-stimulating headphones are a relatively new health tech gadget, although the function they serve is not a new concept. They work by stimulating the vagus nerve, which is responsible for a variety of functions, including heart rate and blood pressure. In the past, electrical vagus nerve stimulation was only available through surgery. However, these headphones offer a non-invasive alternative. Almost anyone can try it by wearing Xen vagus nerve stimulating headphones from Neuvana that connect to a handheld device. This device syncs wirelessly with smartphones, where users can control their vagus nerve stimulation session from their fingertips!
Along with vagus nerve-stimulating headphones, there are a number of other non-invasive and accessible ways to stimulate the vagus nerve.
Here are a few examples:
- Chanting or humming can help stimulate the vagus nerve by vibrating the vocal cords. This can be done for a few minutes each day.
- Gargling with salt water can help stimulate the vagus nerve and improve your ability to fight off infection.
- Cold water therapy, also known as immersion therapy, involves exposing the body to cold temperatures. You can do this by taking a cold shower or bath or using an ice pack on the side of your neck.
- Yoga has also been shown to help stimulate the vagus nerve and improve overall health.
A smartwatch is a handy health tech gadget for people who want to be able to track their fitness and health data. The Apple Watch is a popular option, but several others are worth considering. Smartwatches can track steps taken, heart rate, and burned calories. They can also be used to monitor health conditions like sleep apnea and blood pressure.
Sauna blankets are another hot stress-relieving gadget. They work by heating up your body so you sweat out toxins and impurities. When used in moderation, sauna blankets can have a number of health benefits including improved circulation, reduced stress levels, and improved skin health.
These monitors are an excellent find for anyone who wants to stay adequately hydrated throughout the day. They track how much water you drink and remind you to drink more if you’re falling behind. You can choose from water bottles with built-in monitors or wearable hydration monitors.
UV sanitizers use ultraviolet light to kill bacteria and viruses on surfaces like door handles, countertops, and phones. This can help to reduce the spread of illness-causing germs. So understandably, they’ve become more popular than ever over the last few years. Now, there are several different UV sanitizers on the market to choose from.
Sleep trackers are a great way to get insights into your sleep patterns and identify ways to get better rest at night. They can track things like how long you slept, how many times you woke up, and what phase of sleep you were in when you woke up. One popular option is the Oura ring. It also monitors your heart rate and body temperature and provides profound insights into your sleep habits and quality.
Tips for Buying Health Gadgets
Many health gadgets require a significant financial investment. As such, it’s essential to do your research before making a purchase. Here are a few tips:
- Determine your needs: First, think about your health-related needs and what gadgets would help address those needs. For example, a sleep tracker might be a good option if you’re looking to improve your sleep quality.
- Do your research: Once you’ve determined your needs, it’s time to do some research. Look for peer-reviewed studies and reviews to see if a particular gadget is effective and worth the money.
- Consult with your doctor: If you have a chronic health condition, remember to consult with your doctor before using any health gadgets. This is because some gadgets may not be appropriate or safe for specific health conditions.
- Get recommendations: Ask friends, family, and your doctor for their suggestions on health gadgets. They may know of products that you’re not aware of.
- Consider your budget: Once you know what types of gadgets you need, consider how much you’re willing to spend on each one. Keep in mind that some health gadgets require a monthly subscription fee in addition to the initial purchase price.
No matter what health gadgets you choose, there is sure to be one that fits your needs. With so many options on the market, you can find a gadget that meets your specific health needs. Air purifiers, massage chairs, water bottles with filtration, hearing aids, vagus nerve-stimulating headphones, smartwatches, sleep trackers, sauna blankets, and hydration monitors are all great health tech gadgets to consider. Do some research to find the perfect health tech gadget for you!