Hello! Before telling you what I am here with today, I would like to ask you few questions related to your dental health.
Are you suffering from severe tooth decay or toothache? If your answer is yes, what will you do in such a case?
You will opt for tooth extraction, Right? But what if I tell you a better option rather than a tooth extraction.
For those trying to save their damaged teeth, I am here with a better option for them, which is known as Root Canal Treatment.
But you may be having few question regarding Root Canal Treatment like What is Root Canal Treatment, Root Canal Treatment cost, Root Canal Treatment Procedure etc.
So before telling you about the Root Canal Treatment Procedure, I will explain Root Canal Treatment.
So Let’s see.
What is Root Canal Treatment?
Root Canal Treatment is a procedure by which the centre part of the teeth (pulp) is removed after it gets damaged and is cleaned and filled with the dental fillings inside the teeth and is sealed and placed with a dental crown. The main aim of the Root Canal treatment Procedure is to save the tooth from tooth extraction.
What are the signs that you need a Root Canal treatment?
- The sense of pain while eating or chewing the food is the first sign that shows that you need a Root Canal Treatment.
- The second reason is, if your teeth have cracked in case of any injury or trauma, then there might be a chance that you need the Root Canal Treatment.
- A scratch in the tooth can also lead to Root Canal Treatment if it is severe.
- If you have swollen gums near the tooth, which is affected or decayed, you may need Root Canal Treatment.
- In case you have pimples in your gums. Even then, you may need a Root Canal Treatment.
- If you have undergone multiple dental procedures on the same tooth, you might need a Root Canal Treatment.
These are the common signs that show that you need a Root Canal Treatment.
Read More: Bleeding Gums
Steps of Root Canal Treatment Procedure?
Cleaning the area:
Before starting the treatment, the pulp, the area where the process will begin, is cleaned. The dentist removes the damaged pulp inside the tooth.
The dentist drills inside the teeth and removes the affected pulp.
If you want to have a painless treatment, local anaesthesia is required to protect you from the intolerable pain of the Root Canal Treatment. The anaesthesia will not make you fall asleep but will make your gums numb for some time.
The dentist will place a barrier around your tooth:
To keep the area dry and free from saliva, the dentist places a rubber dam to carry on the treatment effectively.
Filling the Root Canal:
After all these processes, the dentist fills and seals the teeth with a sealer paste or gutta-percha and then places the tooth crown to avoid further damage to the closed area.
What is the Cost of Root Canal Treatment near you?
The cost of the Root Canal Treatment depends upon the complexity of the treatment. If the case is more complex, then it may be more costly when compared to everyday incidents. Usually, Molars are more difficult to treat and often recognized as a costlier one.
The price varies depending upon the treatment method, the Expertise of the doctor, and the materials used for the treatment. Suppose you Want to get the best Root Canal Treatment to visit the best dental clinic in Chennai or near you. However, the average cost of the Root Canal Treatment Procedure is around 6,000 to 8,000 INR.
Frequently Asked Questions About “Root Canal Treatment Procedure”:
How long does the Root Canal Procedure will Take?
Only half an hour or One hour is required to complete the Root canal treatment. If the case is more complex, it will take one and half hours maximum to complete it. It takes less than three appointments to complete the procedure.
Does Root Canal Treatment hurt a lot?
No, it is a pain-free treatment. Before Proceeding with the Root Canal Treatment, the dentist will give you local anaesthesia to make the gums numb and assure the patient of pain-free dentistry.
What is the healing phase in the Root Canal Treatment?
After the treatment, there might be a chance that your teeth and gums may feel soreness for some time. But after some days of treatment, the pain will heal quickly.
List any three disadvantages of Root Canal Treatment?
- There is a chance for fracture of the teeth due to drilling.
- There might be a chance of the teeth becoming dark.
- No proper guarantee.
List any three advantages of Root Canal Treatment?
- It is affordable than other dental procedures.
- It is less painful when compared to tooth Extraction.
- It prevents the infection from being spread to the overall teeth.
How can you take care of your teeth after the Root Canal Treatment?
- Avoid the intake of hard and sticky food.
- Do not bite your nails, ice, or pencils, or other hard substances.
- After the treatment, try to eat from the opposite side.
The Root Canal Treatment is a procedure that helps you to recover your damaged teeth. It is affordable and easily manageable than other procedures. So take care and also take the necessary steps to treat your teeth.
I hope that you are clear with the Root Canal Treatment Procedure. Kindly follow the above precautions and procedures to treat your teeth and make them well soon.
If you have any queries related to the article, kindly ask us or comment us in the comment section. I will meet you soon.