Table of Contents
Amended Text: A hearing aid is an instrument that helps to improve the listening ability of an individual. It’s to be noted that hearing aids cannot help in restoring the original ability to hear. There are six major types of hearing aids, and an individual is confused about which one to buy to improve his hearing ability. Hearing aids help in improving the hearing ability by increasing the sounds that an individual has difficulty hearing. Every hearing aid has different features, function, size, and price. This article provides a general overview of the benefits of getting hearing aids for your grandparents. Of course, an individual should never forget to visit a Tinnitus Specialist Santa Monica first to know what kind of hearing aid he/she should be getting.
Types of hearing aids
There are six types of hearing aids. For best hearing aids visit hearing aids in Singapore. These are:
- Completely in the canal: It is a type of hearing aid that is completely concealed within the ear canal. This aid is not helpful in catching wind sounds and does not have additional features, but uses very small batteries with a short life.
- In the canal: This hearing aid is partially fitted into the ear canal. It helps in improving the hearing ability of an individual, which is of mild nature. There are high chances that these hearing aids can become clogged due to earwax.
- In the ear: These types of hearing aids are worn in the outer ear or lower part of the ear. It contains additional features like directional microphones, etc. This type of hearing aid is useful for individuals who have moderate to severe hearing loss. It has a large battery and a longer life than a mini canal.
- Behind the ear: This hearing aid fits on the top of the ear and has a support behind the ear. This is clearly visible. This hearing aid has an ear mould which is fixed into the ear canal. It is highly recommended for the elderly or for those who have permanent hearing loss.
- Receiver in Canal : This hearing aid is also fitted on the top of the ear and has full support behind the ear. It is also highly recommended for people who have any kind of hearing loss. It contains directional microphones to guide and also has manual control options.
- Open Fit: This type of hearing aid is fully visible and it is difficult to fit into the ear. It is recommended for individuals who have low frequency and high frequency hearing disabilities.
Grandparents’ Benefits of Hearing Aids
Hearing aids improve the quality of hearing of an individual and thereby lead to an improvement in social and work relations. It also helps in improving the quality of life of people who have hearing loss. Hearing aids help grandparents in their quality of health because various research studies indicate that hearing aids help in the protection of the brain.
Hearing aids are helpful for the grandparents as they improve the quality of life as well as health. It helps in maintaining good relationship with other person. There are various types of hearing aids and an individual should choose appropriate hearing aid after consulting a doctor.