Pan D Capsule is a Capsule, Alkem Laboratories Ltd manufactures it. It is commonly used for the diagnosis or treatment of Heavy Bloating, Gas, Heartburn, Indigestion. It has some side effects too such as Diarrhea, Drowsiness, Breast ache, Headache. The preparation of Pan D Capsule includes two salts- Domperidone (30mg), Pantoprazole (40mg).
Pan D Capsule comes in a strip of 15 capsules which costs Rs.190
Read More: Darolac Syrup Price | Bifilac Syrup Price
Composition of Pan D Capsule:
Pan D Capsule basically consists of 2 main ingredients:
Read More: Mifegest Kit Composition | Mucaine Gel Composition
Uses of Pan D Capsule:
Taking medicines seems risky sometimes because intaking of medicines leads to any infection and causes other problems in our body. But here you will be given proper knowledge about this medicine. So, this medicine is used in the listed problems:
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Heartburn due to hyperacidity
- Inflammation of food pipe (esophagitis)
- Peptic ulcer
Read More: Enteroquinol Uses | Aristozyme Syrup Uses
Side effects of Pan D Capsule:
There are few side effects of Pan D but most of them don’t need medical attention and get cured over time. If the side effects occur continuously then you need to contact a doctor.
Some common side effects of this Capsule are- headache, diarrhoea, nausea, abdominal pain, vomiting, flatulence, dizziness, and joints pain.
Swelling of the tongue or throat, difficulty in swallowing, breathing problem, allergic facial swelling, severe dizziness with a very fast heartbeat, and heavy sweating, acute kidney injury, yellowing of the skin, fever, rash, and enlarged kidneys sometimes with painful urination, and lower back pain these problems are also noticed a few times because of this capsule.
It may cause (serious inflammation of the kidneys), possibly leading to kidney failure.
Read More: Meftal P Side Effects | Alkasol Syrup Side Effects
Dosage of Pan D Capsule:
It is very important to take medicines at the proper time and in proper dosage. Not following the time and dosage may lead to some problems such as vomiting, stomach pain, etc.
Similarly, Pan D also be taken in proper dosage and time.
In case, you missed out on any dose then take it as soon as it comes to your mind but if the time is for the next dose then you should take the next dose and skip the missed dose.
Read More: Intagesic Mr Tablet Dosage | Cypon Syrup Dosage
How to use a Pan D Capsule?
You can take it anytime but if you want, it works properly and completely then you should take it an hour before a meal.
This capsule not advised to chew, crush. Do not take it continuously for more than 4 weeks of duration without consulting the doctor.
How does the Pan D Capsule work?
- Pantoprazole is a proton pump inhibitor by nature and it ionizes to the active form rapidly as soon as it is exposed to the acidic environment of the stomach
- Domperidone is an antiemetic by nature and works on the dopamine receptors. It pushes the food down through the food pipe from the stomach to the intestine at a faster rate.
- Domperidone also stops the food from flowing back its way up through the food pipe and inhibits the vomiting center in the brain, in the end, treats the feeling of nausea and vomiting.
When it is prescribed?
Pan D capsule is normally prescribed when the following problems occur:
- Heavy Bloating
- Fullness Of Stomach
When should Pan D Capsule be avoided?
Never Consume Pan D if the following problems are present:
- Allergy: In cases of any allergy in your body.
- Blockage: When Intestine is blocked
- Osteoporosis: When there is bone disease like osteoporosis.
- Heart problems: In cases Congestive Heart Failure
- Kidney Diseases: In case of improper functioning of kidney.
- Electrolyte disturbance: It definitely should be avoided in cases of electrolyte disturbance especially of magnesium, potassium, and calcium
Precautions Related to Pan D Capsule:
There are several precautions you need to take before taking this capsule:
- Prolonged use: If you have been taking it for a long time then you should ask the doctor before taking it because it can lead to stomach cancer.
- Timing: The dose must have fixed spaced time intervals between doses.
- Proper administration: Pan D capsules should never be chewed.
- Dose alteration: Never alter the dose without medical consultation.
How to Store a Pan D Capsule?
- Keep the drug protected from light, moisture and direct heat at room temperature.
- Keep it out of reach of children.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
Ans: You can safely take Pan D Capsule as long as your doctor has prescribed it to you.
Ans: Yes, taking this medicine for a long time can cause calcium reduction in your body leading to weakening of bones. So, you should take a calcium and vitamin D supplement along with it.
Ans: No, It is a prescribed drug with minimal side-effects. Don’t take it if your doctor hasn’t recommended it to you for acidity.
Ans: Yes. Pan D Capsule can affect some medical tests like neuroendocrine tumours and urine screening tests for tetrahydrocannabinol.
Ans: If you are taking it for a long time then it may weaken your bone and lower haemoglobin level. And your doctor might advice you Vitamin B12 for maintaining haemoglobin and calcium/vitamin D/magnesium supplements for bone health.
Ans: Combination of pantoprazole and domperidone is considered as effective & safe.
Ans: If you want amazing results then you must go for it on empty stomach.
Ans: Yes, it makes you drowsy and you will be dizzy. So, you should avoid driving.
Ans: It doesn’t affect the menstrual cycle but you should always consult your doctor if you have menstrual problems before consuming the capsule.
Ans: Pan D should not be given to children without consultation to the Paediatrician.
Disclaimer: AlDoctor doesn’t endorse or take any guarantee of the accuracy or completeness of information provided under this article and these are the views strictly of the writer. Readers are supposed to consult with their respective doctors before taking any medicine.