Invisible braces, also known as aligners, are an increasingly popular alternative to traditional metal braces. Made from plastic, aligners are worn for between 10-22 hours each day and can be removed when needed.
An aligner covers your teeth with a custom-made dental tray that helps to slowly move your teeth into a more desirable position. Aligners are switched out every two weeks, with a new mold helping to continue shifting teeth.
Suitable for various alignment issues, from overbites to crooked teeth, aligner treatments are available at-home and by dentists.
There are various types of invisible brace products available, any of which may be ideal for your alignment issues or budget:
Table of Contents
- Treatment provided by a dentist or orthodontist
- Treatment provider undergoes bespoke training program by Invisalign
- High renowned aligner treatment with proven track record
- Provides aligners suitable for children
- Suitable for various types of alignment and bite problems
- Treatment is expensive and prices vary depending on the provider
- Treatment periods often take longer than original estimate
Invisalign is the leading brand in invisible braces and alignment treatment, offering some of the best results on the market. While a more expensive treatment, the results are usually incredible, treating various bite and alignment related issues.
The treatment process starts with an initial assessment from an Invisalign certified dentist or orthodontist, who develops a custom plan for your alignment treatment. You then receive a scan or impression, which is used to create your aligner.
Invisalign Aligners are worn for between 20-22 hours daily and should only be removed when eating/drinking, or when they need cleaned.
Once treatment beings, you visit the dentist every 4-6 weeks for a check-up and to receive your next set of aligners. Treatment time varies depending on your dental issues, usually between 12 to 18 months, although it may take longer.
While treatment is costly and lengthy, Invisalign Aligners offer some of the best results in the market. Pricing is also varied, with costs set by individual dentists providing the treatment.
How does invisalign work?
This is not a rocket science where you have to go through a lot of process, if you follow these three steps then it could lead you to your brand new smile that you always have wished for.
Step 1 – First search for an invisalign provider in your city , reach them to discuss the problem. Your doctor can scan your teeth using iTero Element scanner to figure out the problem and to provide you with a custom treatment plan that has been especially created for you.
Step 2 – During your Invisalign appointments, your doctor will ensure that your aligners fit properly by scanning your smile, answer any questions you may have, and inform you of what to expect. Additionally, you doctor can show you how the result would be before the treatment
Once you start wearing the aligner then you need regular checkup , you need to schedule a face to face meeting with your doctor every 6 to 8 weeks to check your progress and to get a new batch of invisalign clear aligner.
You don’t need to worry about how you will eat, drink or brush your teeth as invisalign aligners are virtually visible, so you can easily take it out while brushing or eating.
Step 3 – this is the final step and result of your treatment where you actually see your beautiful smile.
What are the advantages of invisalign over braces?
- Almost invisible – Unlike traditional braces where the wire and metal brackets were visible, the invisalign is not visible and looks very clear that you can keep on smiling confidently.
- Detachable – unlike braces, which are fixed and interrupt your food habits , with invisible aligners, you can enjoy your favorite meals at any time as it is removable, so you can remove it anytime before your meal time.
- Lesser pain – Unlike braces, invisible alignment ensures that there will be gradual and gentel teeth movement throughout your treatment, which will cause less pain as compared to braces which irritate and cause pain.
- Lesser doctor visits – As compared with braces where you had to visit the doctor every 3-4 weeks, with invisible aligners you just need to see your just in 6- 8 weeks which actually frees up your schedule with visits to the clinic.
- Clearer timelines – As a patient, we always get afraid by assumptions and vague results, especially if it is related to your beauty. Invisible aligners give you a clearer picture of your treatment, where you can visualize every stage of the treatment. Whereas the braces give you an approximate timeline at the beginning of your treatment.
- Better oral health – invisalign allows you to keep your teeth free from plague and to maintain oral hygiene, as it is removable so you can easily remove it when you brush your teeth, which is not possible with braces, as it makes it difficult to clean and brush your teeth through the metal brackets which can result in plague accumulation and poor oral health.
- One of the most affordable aligners available
- Payment plans available for treatment
- Options for all-day or night-time aligners
- Treatment doesn’t involve adentist or orthodontist
- Night-time treatment plans more expensive
If you’re looking for an affordable invisible brace treatment, then AlignercoAligners are a great choice. These budget-friendly aligners are some of the lowest priced on the market, with a complete kit starting at under $900. Before buying this product, we recommend reading Alignerco reviews to better understand if this treatment suits you.
Given the high cost of aligners, finding a cost-effective product that delivers noticeable results is a huge positive for many buyers.
Also, Alignercooffers several payment plans, most of which split your cost of treatment into two separate payments. While these payment options do increase the overall cost, breaking payments into more manageable amounts is highly appealing for many buyers.
Treatment beings by creating your own impressions using a home kit. Once you’ve sent your impression mold back to Alignerco, the company develops a custom plan for your aligner treatment, with options for aday aligner or night-time aligner.
A day aligner is worn for 22 hours, while nigh-time aligner is worn for around 8-12 hours. The night-time option is preferable for those that don’t want to wear aligners during the day, but treatment does take longer as you’re wearing it less often.
In either case, you change the aligner every 10 days over the course of the treatment, which typically lasts for 4-6 months.
- One of the quickest treatment times for an aligner
- Great pricing with payment plans available
- Several products available, including night-time aligner
- Needs changed weekly so you may experience more frequent discomfort
- Only suitable for certain alignment issues
If you’re looking for the quickest treatment period possible, then an aligner from Byte is worth consideration. Boasting one of the shortest treatment periods in the market, a Byte Aligner is usually completed within four months.
Byte aligners are all home treatment kits, so you don’t consult or receive any treatment from a dentist in person. As with most home treatment products, you need to complete an impression and return it to Byte.
Byte sends your impression to a dentist or orthodontist, who developed a bespoke treatment plan if your teeth are suitable.
A treatment plan from Byte involves wearing an aligner for up to 22 hours per day, while night-time aligners are also available. If you wear the kit for 22 hours per day and use the company’s HyperByte device, treatment is only expected to last up to four months.
HyberByte is an innovative device that send vibrations to the roots and bones of the teeth to encourage faster alignment. You only need to use it for about 5 minutes each day, with the treatment helping to increase teeth movement while reducing discomfort.
To ensure the quickest treatment possible, Byte Aligners are changed every week. While constantly switching to new aligners does increase discomfort, it does help to significantly reduce treatment time.
So, if you want an aligner with the fastest possible results, then be sure to check out Byte Aligners.