Caregivers provide a unique and essential service to a lot of people around the world. People rely greatly on these caregivers to keep their everyday lives going at a steady pace. Dealing with a person at home who is disabled in any way can be heartbreaking and stressful. Sometimes, the workload gets too much and all you need at that time is a helping hand. This is why caregivers are always an option.
Taking care of a disabled child is different from taking care of a perfectly abled child. Disabled children have more requirements and need special treatment and care in order to survive. Therefore, understanding and fulfilling these requirements can be gruesome for some people. No matter how much we love our children, there is always a time when getting help from professionals becomes essential.
WHAT KIND OF DISABLED CHILDREN NEED CAREGIVERS?
Disability can be of any form. The literal meaning of disability is any condition, either physical or mental that can partake in limiting the movements, senses, or activities of a person. Now, for a child the possible and most common of the list of disabilities include:
- Chromosome disabilities
- Vision impairment
- Deaf or hard of hearing
- Tourette syndrome
- Mental disabilities
- Physical disabilities such as Polio/ Rickets
- Down syndrome
- Cerebral Palsy
All of these disabilities cause the child to require special treatment and care. Sometimes, it is better for a child to be under constant supervision in order to get better. Hence, caregivers can provide this care proactively and efficiently.
HOW CAN A CAREGIVER HELP MY DISABLED CHILD?
The utmost duty and responsibility of a caregiver are to take care of your child in every single way. As mentioned before, disabled children need extra care and attention. Take a child with polio for example. It is very hard for a child suffering from polio to walk. A caregiver can easily help the child with these essential requirements. The major services that are required under each circumstance include:
– BATHING/ CLEANING: helping the child maintain proper hygiene is one of the most essential jobs for the caregiver. This includes dressing, toileting, cleaning, making the bed, and everything that comes under maintaining hygiene.
– EATING/ COOKING: Children can be very picky when it comes to eating healthy food. Sometimes, some children are prohibited from eating certain kinds of foods. This is why the caregiver has to make sure that proper standards of food and nutrition are maintained for the child. This may also include cooking the foods prescribed for the child.
– COMPANIONSHIP: One of the most important things that a child requires is affection and compassion. Most people look down at the children with special needs. This greatly distorts the child’s sense of self-esteem and confidence. It is crucial to building a special bond with a child to make them feel heard and loved. This helps in recovery and better understanding.
– KEEPING TRACK OF THE MEDICATIONS: Maintaining a proper record of the medications required is very important. Skipping or delaying a single medicine can cause damage beyond repair. At the end of the day, it’s all about the health of the child.
-TRANSPORTATION (IF REQUIRED): Some disabilities require transportation from one place to another. Which means that the child is unable to perform simple tasks such as moving, running, walking etc. In such cases, the caregiver also has to make sure to help the child move around as per his/her needs.
– EXERCISES: With the proper care and treatment, sometimes, a disability can be cured. As said before, different disabilities require different treatments and care. Helping the child exercise can result in better and faster recovery. This also includes helping the child play and do other physical activities.
WHERE TO FIND A 24- HOUR CAREGIVER IN LAHORE?
Finding a reliable and trustworthy caregiver can be a great hassle. After all, it’s about the life of children. However, you can hire the most highly recommended and reliable caregivers/AYA in Lahore, from “Holistic Healthcare Services”. Furthermore, their caregivers have all the qualities and qualifications that a person can ask for.